This programme is intended to provide a greater understanding of the problems that dyslexic learners face, and appropriate methods and resources to help support them to develop skills for successful independent learning.
This programme may suitable for education professionals who work closely with older learners who have dyslexia (secondary through to adult), either in a teaching or supporting role, or those who wish to develop their skills in this area in order to move into a role more oriented toward student support.
Those who wish to go on to become specialist teachers or dyslexia assessors may wish to pursue a Level 7 programme of study leading to ATS or AMBDA accreditation.
Candidates must undertake, or have already undertaken, the following modules:
- Part 1: Fundamentals of Dyslexia Awareness or Fundamentals of Dyslexia Awareness (non-UK residents);
- Part 2: Fundamentals of Dyslexia Support;
Alternatively, modules 1 and 2 can be achieved by attendance at the face to face training day “Practical Solutions for Dyslexia Secondary/FE/HE”
- Part 3: Practical Solutions for Higher Level Literacy Skills;
- Part 4: Practical Strategies for Study Skills and Practical Strategies for Revision and Exam Technique;
- Part 5: Practical Strategies for Organisational Skills and Managing Learner Motivation and Self-esteem;
- Optional free module: The Dyslexia Friendly Learning Environment and B.D.A. Quality Mark.
In addition to the above modules, there is an assessed workbook to be completed and submitted.
Candidates will be given 12 months to complete to complete their accreditation, including undertaking all training modules (unless previously completed) and submission of their assessed workbook. Candidates must submit copies of both their completed workbook and registration form as detailed in order for their work to be marked and to receive an accreditation.
Start dates available: View the calendar.
Cost: £950 (£120 per module + £350 accreditation fee)
Candidates who have already completed some or all of the above modules will be entitled to a reduction in the overall cost of this programme according to the modules of study they have already completed.
Discounted rates are available for group bookings. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org